Last Update: March 26, 2020
Terms used in this document are defined as follows:
- "beep™" is the brand name of the beep™ Application and is identified by the beep™ Logo.
- "beep™ Application" means the stored value payment application owned and developed by AF Payments Inc. that allows consumers to make payments at Transport establishments and beep™ Merchants using beep™ Cards. We are the issuer of and shall be responsible for the beep™ Application.
- "beep™ Card" means a contactless smart card or any other form factor that contains the beep™ Application and may be issued as a Standard, Limited Edition beep™ Card, Co-Branded Advertising, or Co-Branded Multifunction Card.
- "beep™ Holder" is a holder of a beep™ Card.
- “Standard beep™ Card" is a smart card or other form factor that contains only the beep™ Application. It is issued by us and distributed through our authorized distribution partners.
- “Limited Edition beep™ Card” is similar to a Standard beep™ Card but features a licensed design sold for a limited time only.
- "Co-Branded Advertising beep™ Card" is similar to a Standard beep™ Card but also features the logo of a Co-Brander for advertising purposes.
- "Co-Branded Multifunction beep™ Card" is a smart card or other form factor that contains the beep™ Application and one or more other applications for payment and/or non-payment products which are owned by and for which the Co-Brander of Multifunction beep™ Card shall be responsible.
- “beep™ Logo” means the following trademark or logo or variations thereof which we may hereafter adopt.
- "beep™ Merchant" means a merchant, retailer, establishment, or Transport Establishment authorized by us to accept beep™ Card as a form of payment for goods, services or fare.
- "Co-Brander" means an entity or establishment with which we have a contract or arrangement for issuance of a Co-Branded Advertising beep™ Card or a Co-Branded Multifunction beep™ Card.
- "Concessionary beep™ Card" means a beep™ Card that has been registered for use by a Concessionary Person.
- "Concessionary Person" means a person who is eligible under Philippine law to avail of discounted fares in Transport Establishments (such as senior citizens and persons with disabilities or PWDs)
- "Personal Data" refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
- "Transpo™ Logo" means the following trademark or logo or variations thereof, which the Department of Transportation ("DOTr") may hereafter adopt.
- "Transport Establishment" is a transport service or establishment required by the DOTr to use the automatic fare collection system. Currently, these Transport Establishments are Light Rail Transit 1 (LRT 1), Light Rail Transit 2 (LRT 2) and Metro Rail Transit 3 (MRT 3). Transport Establishments are identified by and display the Transpo™ Logo.
Collection, Use and Processing of Personal Data
Each beep™ Card, upon purchase, is unregistered. Our registration process for the Standard beep™ is not yet available. However, if you are a Concessionary Person, you may avail of a Concessionary beep™ card.
- For the issuance of a Concessionary beep™ Card, some personal data will be collected from you, which includes but is not limited to: your name, date of birth, contact details, and proof of eligibility for the Concessionary beep™ Card (e.g., Senior Citizen’s ID, Persons with Disability or PWD ID).
- In case of an unregistered beep™ Card, the data to be collected is limited to non-Personal Data, which does not identify you individually. Examples on non-Personal Data include but are not limited to statistical and analytical data, and anonymous and/or aggregate reports.
Your Personal Data can be used as follows:
- Performing our functions as beep™ Application issuer and complying with our obligations to you such as blocking of your lost or stolen beep™ Application or beep™ Card;
- Improving the management, operation and maintenance of our system, including for audit purposes.
Use of Personal Data for purposes other than stated above shall be subject to your express consent.
- You have freely, knowingly and voluntarily given consent for AFPI and its representative to process your Personal Data or any other information and relative to the use of the beep™ card. At all times, your personal data shall not be used or processed for any purpose that is contrary to law, morals, or public policy.
- Your personal data shall be retained for one (1) year from the date of expiry of your Concessionary beep™ card, or a longer period as may be required by applicable law(s), or when necessary as provided by the Data Privacy Act, or unless you have expressly withdrawn such consent.
Sharing of Personal Data
Storage and Protection of beep™ Cardholder Personal Data
We are committed to (i) protecting and safeguarding the privacy of beep™ card and beep™ Application users Personal Data and confidentiality of your information; (ii) preventing any loss, theft, or use of Personal Data for unauthorized purposes; and (iii) protecting Personal Data against any unauthorized or accidental access, processing or removal.
AFPI has instituted policies and procedures that include securing any document containing personal data, and requiring the execution of non-disclosure agreements by its employees, consultants, vendors, suppliers and/or contractors, among others. We take measures to protect beep™ Holder's Personal Data.
We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information that we process and maintain. AFPI’s network and processes are scanned on a regular basis for any potential security breaches or loopholes and known vulnerabilities, and we conduct regular review and audit in order to make your use of the beep™ card as safe as possible. Your personal data is contained within secured networks and is only accessible to authorized employees and contractors in order to keep such data confidential. However, as the security of ordinary e-mail cannot be guaranteed, you should not send us any e-mail containing any Personal Data.
AFPI disposes digital and physical copy that contain Personal Information or Data in a secure manner that would prevent such information from further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or the public, or prejudices the interests of the owner(s) of such information.
Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information that we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. AFPI believes that the foregoing safeguards are sufficient to prevent the occurrence of such risks and is committed to updating and improving such safeguards, if necessary, in order to protect your Personal Data in compliance with the Data Privacy Act.
Your Rights under the Data Privacy Act
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the Data Privacy Act:
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You will be given an option or opportunity to withhold your consent to the processing of your personal data whenever AFPI communicates with you or by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to have reasonable access to your personal data by contacting us thru our contact information on our website or by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to rectify or correct any inaccuracy or error in your personal data by contacting us thru our contact information on our website or by submitting your request for rectification or correction to our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act. Please notify our Data Protection Officer if you wish to exercise this right;
- You have the right to obtain a copy of your data in an electronic or structured format if the same is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format by submitting your request to our Data Protection Officer; and
- You have the right to be indemnified if you incur damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the beep™ card and beep™ Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact:
Designation: Data Protection Officer
Postal Address: 4F MSE Building, Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1226 Philippines
Telephone Number: (02) 8810 0398 loc. 2008
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org